East Farndon Village




999 is for reporting emergency
situations only; below
is a helpful mnemonic to remember when to use it.

P Phone 999 only if

O Offenders are nearby

L Life is at risk

I  Injury is caused or threatened

C Crime or disorder is in progress

E Emergency situations


When should I use 101?

· if you've had a minor traffic collision

· if your property has been damaged

· if your car has been stolen – not at time of offence

· if you suspect drug dealing

· if you've witnessed a crime – not crime in progress

· if you have information about criminals in your local area

· if you've seen a missing person

· if you need crime prevention advice

· if you want to speak to a local police officer/ your local
Neighbourhood Policing Team

· if you want to speak to the police about any other incident that
doesn't require an immediate response

· if you want to make us aware of any policing issues in your local


What is 101?

101 is now the number to call when
you want to get through to your local police when it's less urgent than 999.

It is available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week. Calls to 101 from land lines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per
call, no matter what time of day you call or how long you are on the phone.



Community Web Kit provided free by BT